Address: Kyrkoköpinge, 23191 Trelleborg
The church is built in a romantic style, probably in the late 1100s.
Originally the church consisted of a nave, a chancel and a vestibule. It had a flat wooden roof but this was replaced with a cross vault during medieval times. At the same time one more tower in the west and a porch in the south was added.
Because of the closeness to Gylle church, for a long time Kyrkoköpinge and Gylle had the same vicar. In 1555 Kyrkoköpinge church was under threat of demolition, since the churches were so close the sentiment was that the villagers in Kyrkoköpinge could go to Gylle instead.
Originally there were two entrances, one for men and one for women. The men had to go through the porch, and the women had a separate entrance on the opposite side.
The external length of the church is around 26 meters, of which about half is the nave. The outer width is approximately 9 meters. Kyrkoköpinge church is sparsely decorated on the outside.