Address: Gislöv by, 23191 Trelleborg
Gislöv church is one of Söderslätt’s best preserved churches from the Middle Ages, the oldest parts dates from the 12th century.
The church considers being dedicated to St. Peter. On the church seal, that is preserved at Lund Historical museum, is a key. North of the church graves considerably older than the church have been found. There has probably been a wooden church before Gislöv was built. Chancel and naves dates back to the 1200s, and the tower was built in stages between the years 1760-1824.
The original font descends from year 1656 and is the oldest inventory in the church. In year 1936 the vaults were reconstructed. They are richly decorated with frescoes and date from the 15th and 16th centuries. The renovation restored the church almost entirely in the condition it had been 500 years earlier.
In the triumphal arch hangs a crucifix that descends from the 1400s.