The forest is located west of Trelleborg
The forest was created as a recreational area and covers the area on both sides of the river Albäck. In 1924 the first plantations were made in the area. The forest is made up of fir trees, pines, abeles and osiers. The forest contains pathways, fitness paths and a couple of artificial dams. Throughout the forest there are tables, benches and also grill areas for those who want to have a picnic. There is also an adventure playground for children.
Beginning in spring 1997 students in grade 4 in schools around Trelleborg have planted trees and bushes in the Albäck area. Each school plants their own grove of trees and bushes. That area is then designated to serve as a “school forest”.
In 2003 almost 1 hectare of forest was added. Both plantations and jogging tracks were created.