Address: Fuglie, 23194 Trelleborg
Fuglie church is located on a height with a magnificent view of the plains. At the site where the church is located there has previously been a pagan cultural centre, judging from the numerous Bronze Age remnants nearby.
The current church was built in a new gothic style in red bricks in 1902, as a replacement for the previous Medieval church. A Romanesque portal made of sand stone from the old church was preserved. The current church was designed by an engineer from Lund and was finished in 1904.
The exterior of the church is covered in red bricks from Minnesberg, and the interior is made of yellow bricks. The church’s font from the early 17th century is made of oak and the font basin shows scenes from Jesus’s life.