Äspö churchAddress: Äspö, 23199 Klagstorp Show map
Address: Äspö, 23199 Klagstorp
At an open space within the village lays Äspö church, surrounded by several houses with reed roofs, that contributes to the village´s old-fashioned touch.
The church was erected around the 13th century.
In the late 1400s paintings were added to the ceiling by the Everlöv master.
The church tower was built in 1854 as a replacement to the old tower from 1770. In 1896 the church was extended and a new chancel and sacristy were added.
Äspö was the center for the surrounding countryside, but in 1879 a fire occurred, which left half the village in ruins and ended its glory days.
The pulpit dates from 1598 and has paintings of the four evangelists.
The font and crucifix are from the Middle ages.